Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back to work

For the past year, I have continued to work and build up Westbrook, but I was not exactly working full time. After our first child war born in 2009, I took some time to be with her. While 2010, was not the best year of my professional life, it was the best year of my personal life, as my husband and I watched our daughter grow and change. For those of you who are parents, you already know how amazing it is to watch a child grow up. We are only 1 year into this parenting thing, and so far we are loving every minute of it. 2010 gave brought to us incredible moments of watching Angelica roll over, crawl, eat, talk, walk, play, climb and dance, all for the first time. While I cherish every minute I get to spend with her, I am also dedicated to my career as a Recruiter for the moving industry. Angelica turned 1 this December. Being with her most of the time during her first year of life is something I would not change. However, part of being her parent is also setting a good example and being able to take care of her. These are motivations in addition to my professional motivations that have renewed my commitment to Westbrook in the new year. I have worked hard to build a successful business and I plan to take it to even higher levels in 2011. I will be spending more time in the office and will be able to dedicate more of my time to my career. Several moving and storage recruiting firms have closed over the past 2 years, and I am proud to say that I am still in business and have plenty of work to keep me busy. Westbrook is here to stay.

No comments: