Thursday, January 31, 2008

Julie Brewer Smith is Back in Business!


Dear Friends, Associates, Clients and Candidates,

Today I would like to formally announce the beginning of my new venture. Today I would like to announce the beginning of Westbrook Consulting Services. Westbrook Consulting Services is a professional recruiting firm specializing in the placement of professionals in the household goods moving and storage industry.

For the past 5 years, I have been recruiting in the household goods moving and storage industry. When I began my recruiting career in 2003, I worked for a company called The Myers Group based in Bourbonnais, IL. At that time, I was Julie Brewer. Many of you heard my voice on the other end of the line as I called around the country to get to know you, this industry, and how it all works.


By 2006, I had seen much success in recruiting some of the country's most experienced and knowledgeable professionals and in placing those candidates with the nation's most influential movers. Through a lot of hard work and dedication, I learned as much as I could from each person I met either in person or over the phone.

In May of 2006, I was married and changed my name to Julie Smith. It was also in May of 2006, that I went to work for Wilson-Gray based in Roswell, GA. I was most pleased with the opportunity to join Wilson-Gray and work directly with my strongest competitor, Mark Gray.

Just 4 short months into my employment with Wilson-Gray, Mark decided to take a positive step in his career by reopening his own business, Movers Search Group. I stayed with Wilson-Gray as the company transitioned to Canton Street. It was with a heavy heart that I decided to resign from Canton Street at the beginning of 2008, but it was with much enthusiasm that I leapt forward in creating Westbrook Consulting Services.
As I now work as a sole proprietor, I can honestly say that I haven't missed a beat. I am enjoying more than ever the chance to prove my abilities as one of the nation's most knowledgeable, ethical, and professional recruiters. While I make this formal announcement today, I have been working for the last few weeks and have been truly humbled by the number of people who have reached out to me to not only congratulate me, but also to ask me for help in recruiting for them. I am extremely gratified for the support I have been shown already and I am excited to move forward with my career. I look forward with much anticipation to hearing from the rest of you out there who may have been looking for me over the past few weeks.

Without further ado, I would like to provide you with all of my new contact information.

Julie Brewer-Smith
President/Owner Westbrook Consulting Services
Direct Phone Line - 708-946-1300
Direct Fax Line - 708-231-9802
e-mail address -
Julie@WestbrookConsultingServices.com
Website -
www.WestbrookConsultingServices.com

Address - PO Box 1231, Beecher IL 60401
Industry News Blog -
www.WestbrookConsultingServices.blogspot.com

Please pass this contact information on to anyone else that you know in the moving and storage, third party relocation, or logistics industry.
Please check out the new website and let me know what you think of it.

Bookmark this blog and check back often. This is a place where I will post industry news, events, photos, and articles. If there is anything you would like posted here, just email me and I will put it up for you. Notice that as you read posts here you are able to leave comments pertaining to each post. If there is a link that you think is worthy of adding to this blog, just send it over to me.

While I have been busy starting my business, taking care of administrative functions, designing the website and blog, and creating a company logo, I have still managed to find time to recruit! Now that everything else is in place, I will be spending all of my time recruiting.

If you are interested in hiring someone for your company, please give me a call or send me an email. No matter what your needs are, there is way that I can help provide a solution for you. If you are thinking about making a career change, we should talk!

Here is a partial list of jobs I am currently recruiting for. If you or someone you know might be interested in one of these positions, please contact me directly at 708-946-1300.

General Manager - Louisiana, Minnesota, Florida
Operations Manager - Massachusetts, California
Local Dispatcher - Texas
COD Sales - Louisiana, California, Texas, Kansas
O&I Sales - Maryland, California, Minnesota
National Account Sales - Texas
International Sales - Connecticut
Spec Comm Sales - New York

Remember that this is just a partial listing. If you would like to discuss other confidential opportunities, please call me directly.

Once again, I would like to truly thank each and every one of you for the support your have shown me in making this career change. Without the encouragement from my husband, family, friends, associates, competitors, and from you this would not have been possible. With nothing to hold me back any longer, I am confident that my effectiveness as a recruiter for the HHG moving and storage industry will continue to improve. Thanks again, and I look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,


Julie Smith

No comments: